Are you passionate about organising for a progressive Ireland?
We’re looking for a new Organising volunteer, to team up with the Organising Lead to build power in people fighting for a more democratic, just, equal and sustainable Ireland. Do you believe in people power? Have you a ‘can do’ attitude and are you quick on your feet, good with tech and an excellent communicator? Do you have you some campaign experience and want the chance to take your skills to the next level? Have time between November and April? If so, please apply!
In this role you will be:
- Helping build campaigning skills in activists working for a more sustainable, equal, just and democratic world
- Empowering a team of volunteers who advise community campaigners on campaigning smarter
- Networking activists and campaigners across Ireland to collaborate and share knowledge
- Learning about world class methods of organising and mobilising people for progressive action
- Using cutting edge technology to mobilise, organise, and support community activists
- Supporting the roll out of events like protests, TD visit mobilisations, and petition deliveries
How it will work
- Training provided in strategy and digital tools for effective organising
- You will have numerous opportunities to work with and learn from top class organisers and campaigners across the world.
- This role will be ideally be 20 hours a week for a 6 month period.
- Volunteer expenses will be provided – €60 per week.
- You will be supervised by the Organising Manager and have weekly check in meetings.
- You will take part in all team activities including weekly team meetings.
- You will ideally work from our Dublin office but we’re also open to remote working arrangements.
Apply by completing this form by Monday the 29th of October. Interviews will be between October 29 and November 2nd, for a start date of Monday the 5th of November – though this is flexible, we’re looking for someone soon as organising at Uplift has a lot of momentum and energy right now!
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.